Friday, February 3, 2012

The Ivy Spa: Minneapolis, a Disappointment


Bekah and I had the opportunity to go to the Ivy in November for another spa weekend. We were excited to go to Minneapolis's top rated spa. As far as the hotel went, it was GORGEOUS and contemporary. We stayed in a suite that was expensive and a little uninviting for my taste. But we were happy. Then we went to the spa and I had the worst massage of my life. The masseuse was awkward and kept the lights on the entire time. She rushed with the rubbing part and slapped lotion on my back. It was such a disappointment, I had to report to management. Ultimately, they credited us for the massage and ended up offering us a discount to come back. But I have not taken them up on the offer, simply because there are so many lovely spas who get it right.

Anyone else have a better experience? I'd love to hear about it. Comments are great!

Here is a picture of my manicured hand after the trip... my only lovely memory!

No comments: